Tuesday 14 June 2011

Project "Cross Cultural Conversations"

The role of culture in the business world has always interested me as I have sought to understand how one's cultural upbringing influences his or her leadership development. Project "Cross Cultural Conversations" aims to contrast and compare cultural traits of prominent business leaders who were born and raised outside of the U.S, and to uncover how they have adapted to varying organizational environments. This study's objectives are to evaluate how communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, among other factors, have impacted leaders' development in their organizations.

Across the next nine to twelve months, I hope to meet with 50 to 60 foreign leaders at U.S. enterprises and have conversational interviews over coffee. While each interview will capture the individual experiences of each leader, it will be conducted using a predetermined set of questions, which will allow for the comparison of the results after the completion of the study.

After each meeting, I will share my insights with the interviewee and with my readers and seek feedback and further thoughts. My goal is that "Cross Cultural Conversations" will culminate in a documentary film following the life and leadership development of an inspiring foreign born leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment